F18 livecd can't play wma files, and no mplayer

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 21 17:18:32 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 18 April 2013, Fernando Cassia sent:
> Ironically, on Windows the user can just go to any "portable apps"
> site and download a single .exe file that contains everything needed
> for media playback.

Either because they've the legal right to include the codec, or the
program is illegal.

Serious, why do people expect free software to have either paid for you
to have the rights to use something, or to break the law??!!  MP3, etc,
are encumbered, and require either the software creator or the end-user
to pay for the privilege to use it.  If you want to grizzle at someone
about this, grizzle at those that developed MP3.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.