Unable to login - Cannot open font file true, previous help not working

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 22 05:38:56 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 21 April 2013, Alexandre Fernandes sent:
> I got the message: cannot open font file true. I found some help such
> as "edit your /etc/default/grub file, and on the lie with
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX there is a parameter that says SYSFONT=True". All
> help I found online did not work because I can't login in Fedora and
> therefore can't access the terminal. The only thing I'm able to use
> command line is GRUB that does not accept any of the usual commands.

You'll have a hard job fixing that file without booting into the OS, or
connecting the drive to another working computer.  I suggest another
approach.

I assume that you're in the GRUB command line (before the OS boots),
rather than the usual system one.  Rather than do that, use the GRUB
options to edit boot options, rather than go to a command line.  Going
from memory, it's probably hitting the "e" key instead of the "c" key,
while you're in the GRUB menu.  Now you can (temporarily) change how
it'll boot, by deleting unwanted text in the kernel parameter, and begin
booting.  If this works, then you can work on editing
the /etc/default/grub file, to make a permanent change.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.