recoll and mime-text

medoc jf at dockes.org
Mon Apr 22 06:18:15 UTC 2013

poma wrote
> Sylpheed version 3.3.0-1
> Working like a charm. :)
> Recoll settings related to the file types are default ones.

Hi,

Dave's problem was not to get at the attachment from the result list, but
trying to 'Open' the message, then get at the attachment from there. This
failed because Thunderbird started in 'Compose' mode with the message itself
as a text attachment, instead of doing the right thing.

As far as I know, using 'Open' on an email does not work currently because
neither xdg-open nor any common mail client supports it. Are you able to do
it anyway ? Maybe I'm missing something.

To get at the attachment, you need to fiddle with the search until you can
see it as a search result. There will be something in a future Recoll to
make extracting attachments easier.

But this is not a subject for the Fedora mailing list, I think we should get
off it if you would like to pursue this further.

Cheers,

jf