how to change character menu font in ibus?

William Mattison wcmattison at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 01:46:00 UTC 2013

(Fedora-18)

Using ibus's settings GUI, I configured ibus to use a size 16 kai font to display a list of simplified Chinese characters that match the pinyin that the user types to enter a simplified Chinese character.  But when I try to enter Chinese characters (in vi in a Gnome terminal), the menu of characters is displayed in a smaller ming(?) font.  It is the same in LibreOffice Writer.  My configuration settings seems to be ignored.  Chinese characters, even simplified Chinese characters, can have over 20 strokes (compare 'W' and 'M' have only 4 strokes each).  The smaller size and ming(?) font is harder to read.  How do I get ibus to use the kai font and bigger size in its character menus?

thanks,
Bill.