I must be missing something basic

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Apr 23 23:34:09 UTC 2013

On 04/23/2013 04:05 PM, Dave Stevens issued this missive:
> I want to transfer a dvd image from my laptop (ubuntu 12.04.2) to my fedora 18 box that has selinux disabled. Wired connection to my router allows F18 to browse to U12 and see the file and right click copy, but trying to paste into a folder in my /home/dave directory gives a terse 'permission denied.'
>
> Ideas? will Read TFM if pointed.

A DVD image is WAY too big to be cut and pasted (which is what I think
is what the operation is trying to do).

You need to copy the file from the laptop to the Fedora machine using
something like scp or rsync or FTP. Drag and drop won't work across two
machines unless it's tied to some copy protocol.