"hackers"

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 02:42:42 UTC 2013

Does anyone care to help me change the negative connotation that the
outside world has of this term, one step at a time? The CBC just used the
term with a negative frame on the Tuesday, 23 April 2013 30-minute radio
news at about the half-way point. Everyone ought to go to this link and
suggest that they should quit abusing the term.

http://www.cbc.ca/w6/contact/

to listen to her abuse of the term, go to the link with "contact" removed /
deleted - before Wednesday, 25 April at UTC 01:00 (PDT 18:00, in case I did
the math wrong).

Of course, the media are infamous for abusing scientific terms, such as
calling the Higgs boson the god particle - a term scientists loathe - so I
out not lose too much sleep over it.

regards,
Richard