Why is Fedora-19-alpha so extremely slow?

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 05:28:43 UTC 2013

On 24.04.2013 23:21, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> On 04/24/2013 05:55 PM, poma wrote:
>
>> On 24.04.2013 16:17, Regina Anger wrote:
>>> Hello Ed,

>>> Thx a lot, works now like a charme :)
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelDebugStrategy
>
> Excuse my ignorance but how do you set the kernel parameters for
> 'slug_debug_' (.i.e in which file or whereabouts)?
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Phil...

'slug_debug_'!? :)

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/vm/slub.txt
…
In order to switch debugging on one can add a option "slub_debug"
to the kernel command line. That will enable full debugging for
all slabs.
…

The files in question depends on the boot loader used. ;)
i.e.
Syslinux - /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
GRUB(2)  - /boot/grub/grub.cfg  - grubby
         - /boot/grub/grub.cfg & /etc/default/grub - grub(2)-mkconfig

poma