Why is Fedora-19-alpha so extremely slow?

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Thu Apr 25 20:35:15 UTC 2013

Around 09:12pm on Thursday, April 25, 2013 (UK time), Richard Vickery scrawled:

> Because I, like many other general, non-tech users out here on the
> internet who don't understand the lists, am ignorant. This is why I
> continue asking on the wrong list. If you want to be more helpful, it might
> be possible to take this question and post it to the correct list.
>
> Frankly, I don't exactly know where this exact list is, and not being on
> that list, it is impossible both to get a reply AND to get mail that I
> replied to, such as I did here. I know how governments, courts,
> legislation, and such things work, not mailing lists. Do I not have to be
> on this other list in order to ask something from other's on said list, let
> alone get a reply?

On the page where you subscribed to the mailing list it clearly states
"Discussion of test releases (alpha, beta, rawhide) should be directed
to the test list"

You don't need to be a technical user (whatever that is) to understand
this.

Mailing list page: