Why is Fedora-19-alpha so extremely slow?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Apr 26 00:18:10 UTC 2013

On 04/26/13 06:23, Richard Vickery wrote:
> The command called was:  sudo fedup-cli --network 19 --debuglog fedupdebug.log

This will be my only comment on your issue since, as others have noted, matters related to F19 need to be addressed on the test at lists.fedoraproject.org list....

I just tried doing a fedup on a fully updated F18 system and the process did not complete.  The final output was...

zlib-1.2.7-10.fc19.x86_64.rpm                                 |  88 kB  00:00:00
getting boot images...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/fedup-cli", line 285, in <module>
    main(args)
  File "/bin/fedup-cli", line 236, in main
    raise NotImplementedError("use --instrepo or --skipkernel")
NotImplementedError: use --instrepo or --skipkernel

So, it is unclear to me how/if you really did update.

I do wonder if....

rpm -qa | grep fc19

actually returns any results.  If it does...you really should review the log and post all questions to the test list and file a bugzilla.

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.