"hackers"

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat Apr 27 23:30:22 UTC 2013

<snip> I have a simple question: What the hell dose this rant have to do
with: "Community Support For Fedora Users"?????????? </snip>

Quite a lot really although I don't see it as a rant, just a plea by
someone with either a deep concern or someone agitating for some
ulterior motive.
Lack of community concern can be gauged by the number of responses, many
of whom say, "forget it", "leave it alone", and rightly so.

Drupal, wordpress, Mongodb, Microsoft, Security organisations, Adobe,
manufacturing and telecommunications companies,  Governments, the
Military all hire hackers but they are known as Programmers and paid for
their service.

When Linux is mentioned it's Programmers get lumped into a derogatory
category "hackers" by those same organisations, who have so called
hackers on the pay role.
Fedora is a test bed, changed over and over again to improve everything.
We use Fedora for this reason.

May I humbly suggest that the original poster of this series, take
everything that's been said on board and formulate his plan to achieve
his goal and make an effort.  Join Avaaz and post his concern there he
may get a wider response.