Minor printing issue

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 28 17:09:06 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-04-27 at 17:50 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Currently, I'm using F 17 and I have a reasonably new Canon MX410
> printer.

My understanding is that Canon is about the most Linux-unfriendly
printer vendor out there. They do not provide drivers and they do not
provide a description of how the hardware works so that open source
people could develop one. So Canon printers have always sucked under
Linux due to lack of anything other than a generic Postscript driver. A
shame too since they make good printers according to my artist wife.

I hope that someone can come along and tell me that things have gotten
better now...

--Greg