3840x2160 resolution?

Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:18:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity though, I'm wondering if anyone out there
> in fedora-land has run a display at 3840x2160 and if so
> what video card and/or cards you used (and if open source
> drivers worked)?

Not precisely those resolutions, but not far off:

mrburns:~% xdpyinfo | fgrep dimensions
  dimensions:    3520x1200 pixels (931x317 millimeters)
  dimensions:    3584x1440 pixels (948x381 millimeters)

mrburns:~% lspci | fgrep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce
GTX 285] (rev a1)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce
210] (rev a2)

That's using the nouveau drivers. I can say that I'd avoid nvidia
cards if at all possible. They've caused me no end of trouble on this
machine, and I've had much better success with ATI cards.

Tet

--
"Java is a DSL for taking large XML files and converting them to stack
traces" -- Bulat Shakirzyanov