Unrelieved black popups and message boxes [SOLVED?]

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:27:48 UTC 2013

On 03/20/2013 10:21 AM, Lailah wrote:

> El lun, 18-03-2013 a las 17:18 -0400, Temlakos escribió:
>

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>>             Sorry for my lateness but I was making some experiments
>>> with KDE.  It happens to me too, after 2 or 3 hours of use.  Not
>>> only pop ups pr message boxes are black, but every window.  Plasma
>>> and wallpaper are fine.
>>> I'm using KDE 4.9,  Fedora 18 64-bits,  and as somebody say, may be
>>> it is related with Intel chipset, because my netbook is an Intel one.
>>>
>>> Is there a bug filed for this issue?
>>>

>>> /Cheers, thanks/
>>> */Lailah/*
>>>

>> I wouldn't know where to file the bug, or against what.
>>
>> Temlakos
>
> I guess it is in Fedora Bugs or in KDE Bugzilla.  Against KDE Desktop
> or Plasma.
>
> If I'm wrong, somebody can correct me.
>

> /Regards,/
> */Lailah/*

Remember that problem I had, with unrelieved black in pop-up windows or
un-minimized applications?

Well, if you remember: on Saturday, April 27, the kernel development
team pushed a new version of the kernel at that time. They've pushed one
since then, so I am using version 3.8.9.200.

Since the version immediately before that, I have not had one single
problem with pop-up windows going black (or with KDE windows going
transparent, which was a change in KDE's behavior from all-black to
transparent several months ago).

This convinces me that the kernel, or any of a number of packages that
accompany it, was at fault--and somewhere in the development process,
something the kernel development team did for the last version before
the current one, solved the problem with unrelieved black windows when
running on Intel processors.

Naturally if this happens again, I'll be back. But now I know where to
file the bug against: the kernel, or one of its associated packages.

Temlakos