Installing R-3*gz

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Tue Apr 30 19:49:49 UTC 2013

On 4/30/2013 3:31 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
> checking X11/Intrinsic.h usability... no
> checking X11/Intrinsic.h presence... no
> checking for X11/Intrinsic.h... no
> configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not
> available
>
> Would my next "yum install" be IceConectionNumber?

It appears that the default configuration this package is using expects
X Windows to be present (the "--with-x=yes (default)" gave it away) and
you evidently don't have any of those required packages installed.

This might be a dumb question but why don't you just try this?: yum
install R

Yum is designed to pick up dependencies and figure everything out for
you automagically.  ;)

--
Tom Rivers