F18 update left one update uninstalled

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 30 22:31:08 UTC 2013

why in the world do you start a new thread with EXACTLY
the same subject/content an dignore the old one from
3 days ago?

Am 30.04.2013 23:39, schrieb Vinny Onelli:
> I am running f18 on HP laptop envy dv7, during one the previous update
> it left a message, "one of important update did not got installed" and
> now i get that message every time I reboot, and actually it try to
> install on every boot. Is the a way to clean this?
> I will appreciate help, and thank you.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: update issue on F18
Datum: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:19:54 +0200
Von: Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
Antwort an: Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
An: users at lists.fedoraproject.org

Am 27.04.2013 14:13, schrieb Vinny Onelli:
> I am running f18 on HP laptop envy dv7, during one the previous update
> it left a message, "one of important update did not got installed" and
> now i get that message every time I reboot. Is the a way to fix that?
> I will appreciate and thank you

use yum for updates as most users which likes to control their system doing

* root shell
* yum clean metadata && yum upgrade