VirtualBox and the USB flash drive -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Aug 1 22:05:51 UTC 2013

On 01/08/13 14:42, Reindl Harald wrote:
> * insert the iso-image in the virtual CD drive
> * select to boot from CD in the *virtual BIOS*
>
> nobody burns iso images to a physical media for use them in any VM
>
> google: "virtualbox CD iso image"
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oobxm02UrBE

Ok, that was what I needed, the key words, not the youtube clip which is
worthless [my opinion].

But with the right keywords to stimulate Google, "virtualbox CD iso
image" I was able to find an obscure icon with a plus sign under
Settings > Storage that enabled me to choose the .iso file to install.
In this case the F-19 DVD iso. I've got a pretty blue screen with a
digital clock and calendar in the center and nothing else. But that's
progress, I'll wipe it out and start over eventually.

Thanks to all,

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD