Is there a way to force an update/upgrade in yum?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 22:55:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:30:25 -0700
Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 08/01/2013 03:14 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > (1) do "yum distro-sync full",
> > (2) make sure that /etc/os-release says Fedora 19, and
> > (3) check that repository definitions under/etc/yum.repos.d/
> > actually point to Fedora 19 repos?
>
> Asked and answered, several times.

Sorry, I missed the answers. :-)

If all else fails, I'd use "rpm -e firefox" and subsequently "yum
install firefox". I know it's not the cleanest and most proper way to
deal with it, but I believe that rpm would actually do what it's told to
do. After that it would be up to yum to figure out its own database...

HTH, :-)
Marko