It's that time again

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Aug 1 23:16:09 UTC 2013

On 08/01/2013 04:02 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Atleast for me,  I just noticed a few bug reports being closed that I
> had taken a look at earlier, decided that I will focus on other bugs
> since it was a low priority issue and the danger of introducing new
> problems were higher.  Should I have responded earlier and conveyed that
> decision?  Yes but some bugs do slip off your radar when you are dealing
> with dozens of components.   Don't be discouraged.  Just reopen against
> the new release if it is still a problem.

Understood.  You only have so much time and you have to pick and choose
which ones get your attention.  And, in more than one case, I've
re-opened a bug against a new version.  In fact, I've done that more
than once with alacarte because either the fix hasn't worked, or it's
just replaced one crash with another.  Weird.