desktop file location

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 2 17:44:26 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 10:36 AM, Bill Oliver wrote:
<<>>

> I think you may be using some words differently than I do, so let me ask you
> a couple of quick questions:

i agree, there is a lot of differences between fedora and scientific linux.
this release, 6.3, is comparable to rhel 6.3, well behind fedora.

as mentioned in 1st post, i did not receive any reply from sl list. a little
surprising, but, then again, what to expect from a bunch of "nuke heads". ;=)

i should have made it easier all around to prevent confusion and make my
question more clear, so...

if you will have a look at this url;

  http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&id=4tHclZ6il56ql6TZ0e2YmunS3A

which is from root's desktop, you can see most of what i am referring to
on upper left of "desktop". in addition, to be more proper, objection of
question is "desktop folder".

what is missing in snapshot, as it would not continue showing when i opened
snapshot prog, is the "sidebar" that  appears to right of "desktop folder"
when one clicks inside "desktop folder".

i hope this clears things and my apologies for stirring up the 'mud'.

in closing, i thank you for your quick response.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux

tc.hago.