turn off bash colored prompts for all users

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Aug 2 18:21:43 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 05:27 AM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> The colors are defined in /etc/profile.d/colorls.sh:

Reading that, the alias is set up, but there's no listing of which color
means what.  And, if you do track that down, it's all in hex codes, so
that there's no easy way to find out what those codes mean.  If you like
the color ls, use it.  I don't, and I don't appreciate being told that
I'm going to have it whether I want it or not, so I've found the
simplest way to get rid of it permanently.