turn off bash colored prompts for all users

David dgboles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 19:30:57 UTC 2013

On 8/2/2013 3:11 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/02/2013 12:03 PM, David wrote:
>> Unless something changed when I was not looking the codes you refer to
>> are ANSI color and ANSI control codes.
>
> Which helps if and only if you have a list of them and take the time to
> translate everything yourself.  Putting in comments to make it easy to
> understand would be nice, but at this time, I'll refer you to what Rhett
> Butler said at the end of Gone With The Wind.

Google is your friend. Just Google search the word ANSI.

As for the colors? Linux is about choice. You don't like them? Remove
them and go on your merry way. Many others like them since you are the
only user to complain.

BTW. Those horrible colors have been there long enough that I don't
recall just when they first started using them in Linux. I do remember
them from DOS 3.0.

--

  David