turn off bash colored prompts for all users

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Aug 2 20:19:37 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 12:50 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:30:57 -0400
> David wrote:
>
>> Many others like them since you are the
>> only user to complain.
>
> No, he's not.
>
> It is especially fun when your default terminal colors are
> light foreground and dark background. Most ls output goes
> almost invisible.

Or, if you're color blind.  I once opened a bugzilla against yumex for
not honoring color changes because somebody on a forum was complaining
about it, but didn't have a bugzilla account.  He wasn't color blind,
but as I was writing up the report, that possibility came to mind.  I'm
pleased to say that this is one bug report that didn't go unfixed.