turn off bash colored prompts for all users

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Aug 2 21:56:14 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 02:30 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> In fact, I have thwarted that on my system by running a
> yum "hook" function that re-applies all my hacks every time
> there is an update, but it is silly that I have to resort
> to that.

This is why I referred to my method as elegant: I don't need to know
where the colors are set up and I don't need to worry about updates
stepping on my changes.  I've applied it to my own .bashrc and root's.
There are two friends who have accounts for ssh reasons, and if they
don't like color ls, they can either change it, or ask me about it
because I'm not imposing my preferences on them.