turn off bash colored prompts for all users

David dgboles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 23:18:08 UTC 2013

On 8/2/2013 4:22 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/02/2013 01:08 PM, David wrote:
>> You do know that you can change the system default? As well as changing
>> it in your users .bashrc file? The best of two worlds you and Joe get it
>> your way and the rest of the Fedora world gets it their way.
>
> Yes, and that's why instead of wasting time with a pointless bugzilla, I
> found what I consider an elegant workaround, although I'll admit that I
> like unalias better, now that it's been pointed out.

As I said .. It's all about choice and knowledge. This is about Fedora,
here, but as a point I have *not* tried all the so many Linux
distributions but of the many, many I have tried they *all* use some
form of colors. For a simple example? Press <ESC> while Plymouth is
running during boot. You will see colored test. It happens everywhere.

And, as I said, since you want to vary from the defualt - you will have
to do that.

--

  David