turn off bash colored prompts for all users

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Aug 3 00:07:46 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 05:00 PM, David wrote:
> Well good then. You changed your system from the distroution defaults to
> what you, personally, want. What works for you.
>
> Windows users do that. they set the default installed system to what
> they want. MacOS users do that too. So all is good then?

I'd probably prefer it if the various alias scripts were called from
~/.bashrc with comments so that they could be commented out, but I'm not
holding my breath.  As it is, I'm content with what I have, and it's
easy to show others how to do it if they ask.  I'm not sure why color is
the default, and I'd be astonished if anybody here knew, but I'm not
about to waste time arguing the question because it's not important.