desktop file location

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 05:16:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 21:43:37 -0500
g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On 08/02/2013 06:33 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > If it doesn't popup when you hover the mouse pointer over the
> > widget, it is probably because widgets are "locked". Locking the
> > widgets is useful when you set them up as you like them and don't
> > want to move or close them accidentally (you lock them in a fixed
> > place).
>
> i understand how to lock widgets and is not the problem, as i do not
> have any of them locked.
>
> problem is from first time i clicked the "x" in the handle and the
> entire widget disappeared. what i am needing to know is how to
> restore.

Do the following:

(1) make sure that widgets are unlocked,
(2) right-click on the desktop and choose "Add widgets",
(3) within the user-interface that opens up, find the "Folder View"
widget,
(4) Drag&drop the "Folder View" widget onto the desktop.

This process is in fact also described in the second link I have
pointed you to:

  http://www.maketecheasier.com/get-the-most-out-of-kde4s-folderview-widget/2009/05/08

I wasn't joking when I said that you should read it.

HTH, :-)
Marko