desktop file location

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 12:00:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 04:51:37 -0500
g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On 08/03/2013 12:16 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > I wasn't joking when I said that you should read it.
>
> i was not thinking that you were joking.

Are you being ignorant deliberately? Did you *actually* *read* that
article? It *literally* contains the answer to your next question! See
below:

> the fact of it is, using folder view widget is that it displays my
> _entire_ /home/geo/* directory, minus the hidden directories and
> files.
>
> this is different from what is show with the _normal_ Desktop
> widget. :=(

The answer to this is written explicitly in the article I pointed you
to. Let me quote it for you from there:

<begin quote>
3. It will have most likely displayed your desktop files by default.
So, you will need to change the location. Right click on the Folderview
titlebar and click “Folderview settings”.

4. From the settings, you can “specify a folder”. Instead of choosing a
folder you already have, create a new one called “Apps” or
“Applications”. Click “OK”.
<end quote>

You just don't want to create a new folder but instead choose the one
you already have: /home/geo/ (as you say).

<begin rant>
I will not answer any more of your questions unless you demonstrate
that you are also trying to learn on your own. And I doubt that anyone
else would, too. You come to a Fedora list asking questions about SL
which turn out to be generic KDE questions, and you fail (two times!) to
follow the elementary "the-answer-is-there-go-read-about-it"
instruction.
<end rant>

There is a saying where I come from:

"One should not be ashamed for failing to know. But one should be
ashamed for failing to learn."

Think about it.

HTH, :-)
Marko