Sound Icon in System Tray missing, in KDE

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 3 21:59:03 UTC 2013

On 08/03/2013 04:06 PM, Jim wrote:
> Fedora 18 / KDE
>
> The Sound Icon came up missing from System Tray after reboot, It is not
> even in Hidden Icons.
>
> How do I get The Sound Icon back in System Tray ?

something you might try, procedure i have used to add programs to tray.

right click on "Kickoff Application Launcher", select "Menu Editor" to
bring up "KDE Menu Editor" window.

click [+] next to "Multimedia", then click "KMix (Sound Mixer)". to right,
under "General" tab, check [] Place in system tray.

> If I click on Kmix from Menu it won't start and display Kmix.
>
> If I remember it was just after I did a Update.

this is a new ball game.

if kmix is in Menu and does not start, may well be that there was a problem
with install during update.

what you probably need to do is uninstall kmix and re-install.

hth.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux