Xastir

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Mon Aug 5 16:03:03 UTC 2013

On Saturday 03 Aug 2013 21:01:33 jarmo wrote:
> Hello list
>
> Anyone else using XASTIR, aprs hamradio tracking program.
> I have version 2.0.0 rpm. Is there newer one. I see official version
> which is 2.0.4.
> If package manager see this, is it big trouble to make 2.0.4 available.
> I'd like to use rpm, not compile from source. Have done it earlier, but
> mix rpm and source messes system, hi.
>
> Jarmo

Hi there,

I use xastir, you can actually build it yourself from the rpm spec file,

I obviously dont know your abilities when it comes to building rpms, but just
incase you do you know about it heres what you can do...

goto the rpm build system called koji, here....

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5868

here you can see theres actually a build already for fC20 of xastir 2.0.4
if you download the .src rpm for that...

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/xastir/2.0.4/4.fc20/src/xastir-2.0.4-4.fc20.src.rpm

and install it as your user (not root) **(infact all the information you need
on building rpms is here...
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package)**
you should get the the sources and spec file in a folder called rpmbuild, and
the spec file is in SPECS

then using rpmbuild type "rpmbuild -ba xastir.spec"
and it will build an rpm for your system and arch and put it in the RPMS
folder. it will also tell you which -devel packages you may need to build it.

now please this is a really short version and everything you need is in that
link above.

anyhow I'v done this already but mine is built for x86_64, and I dont know
what yours is, if your on i686 (32bit) then you'll probably want to do this
process for yourself, or if you have x86_64 (64bit) your welcome to download
mine from here...

http://airs.me.uk/RPMS/xastir-2.0.4-4.fc19.x86_64.rpm
**(I accept no responsibility for and data loss, problems encountered through
using this rpm, I may have done something wrong, but hopefully not)**

I hope that helps in some way

Martin (G7VIA)

ps. somebody may and probably will come in and correct me on some points,
which is fine I am no rpm guru.
pps. or maybe the email the guy who maintains the package at xastir-
owner at fedoraproject.org (i think) and he'll probably build one for you