KVM bridge wonkiness in Fedora19

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 6 22:59:00 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 11:06 PM, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
[snip]
> My first question is simply, does anyone else have this working
> successfully in F19?  And if so, what steps did you need to follow?

I have a bridge working using NetworkManager on my F19 x86_64
workstation by setting it up through Settings -> Network. It's also a
bit wonky in that the NetworkManager icon always shows an X for no
connection. Guess it does not check br0. Not sure if it's related but
mtr and wireshark no longer work. I have not yet investigated why.

> I'm not using NetworkManager at all, its all the network service.
> There are no firewalls involved anywhere (iptables & firewall services
> are currently disabled).  Here's the current host configuration:

Firewalld is enabled on my box. Had to change the default zone to Home.
Make sure that zone is also in the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-... files.

Regards,
Patrick