Fedora won't boot with 3.10.4 kernel and akmod

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:03:48 UTC 2013

On 7 August 2013 14:54, Junayeed Ahnaf <nirjhor at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed akmod for my graphics driver (AMD radeon) on kernel 3.9.9 , then
> the catalyst version was 13.6 beta . Now the kernel has upgraded and so did
> the driver (it is 13.8beta now, which has kernel 3.10x support), but I can
> not boot into the newer kernels. It logs out with an error.
>

> I'm still forced to use 3.9.9 kernel, any suggestion?

Make a record of the error. Useful for anyone investigating to have.
Not sure what you mean by 'logs out' though if the kernel isn't
booting. Is it stopping with an error immediately after grub, is it
getting as far as trying to start X?

Akmod and the proprietary Radeon driver are from rpmfusion, it may be
worth asking on their mailing list
http://lists.rpmfusion.org/mailman/listinfo/rpmfusion-users
It's been a while since I've used an akmod, but occassionally they run
into problems building and it's worth trying the kmod that matches the
kernel and driver version instead.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk