How to install VMware -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Aug 7 15:47:57 UTC 2013

On 07/08/13 11:35, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 07.08.2013 17:32, schrieb Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni:
>> My grandson downloaded a trial copy of VMware for me from his Mac portable and put it on a flash drive which I have.
>>
>> This 400 meg file is what I see when I look at the contents of the flash drive:
>> VMware-Workstation-Full-9.0.2-1031769.x86_64.txt
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to use it assuming it is the right file? I also have a key to go with it but have not been
>> able to find any useful [to me] instructions
> normally these are .bundle files which you simply execute with
> "bash VMware-Workstation-Full-9.0.2-1031769.x86_64.bundle"
> which starts a graphical installer
>
> *how large* is this .txt file?
> maybe someone renamed it, but extensions are pointless on Unix, so see above

Yes it's a large script file, why they tag the .txt on the end I dunno.

[bobg at box10 LIVE]$ ll
total 390896
-rw-r--r--. 1 bobg bobg 400273548 Aug  6 17:15
VMware-Workstation-Full-9.0.2-1031769.x86_64.txt

It looks like so:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
#
# VMware Installer Launcher
#
# This is the executable stub to check if the VMware Installer Service
# is installed and if so, launch it.  If it is not installed, the
# attached payload is extracted, the VMIS is installed, and the VMIS
# is launched to install the bundle as normal.

# Architecture this bundle was built for (x86 or x64)
ARCH=x64

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-19 Linux/XFCE