Firefox and Thunderbird Aug releases

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 22:09:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for that. So tell me wwy the Xulrunner dependency for Firefox
> came out right away, it alwyas does, and Firefox was delayed? As it
> always is.

It looks like the maintainer made a mistake and accidentally bumped
the version in the RPM wrong, so Firefox 23 did get released at the
same time, but rpm thought it was Firefox 22.  I imagine the Firefox
maintainers a few scripts so they can get updates out really fast, but
this time they (or it) tripped up and pass a wrong argument to them or
something.  Us package maintainers are human too.  ;-)

A tester caught it four whole hours after the update was submitted,
and three hours after that it was fixed (most of which was probably
spent waiting for it to build ;-).  This didn't even delay it from
making the day's updates-testing push.

-T.C.