"Enable JavaScript" preference checkbox has been removed in Firefox

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 23:45:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com> wrote:
> "... and user-set values will be reset to the default" according to
> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/23.0/releasenotes/
>
> Thank you Mozilla Foundation, you have just made my netbook unusable.
>
> What do people suggest? The NoScript addon? A different browser? I
> don't believe I'm the only one who hates JS and only switches it on
> for websites that absolutely require it.

Yeah, just use NoScript.  They probably killed it because that's what
anyone who used that checkbox really wants.  Makes sense to me.

The real tragedy in Firefox 23 is the death of the <blink> tag. [1]
It's almost not really "Mozilla" [2] anymore. :-(

-T.C.

[1] http://www.jwz.org/blog/2013/08/a-light-has-gone-out-on-the-web/
[2] http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/nscpdorm.html