"Enable JavaScript" preference checkbox has been removed in Firefox

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Aug 9 23:42:22 UTC 2013

Am 10.08.2013 01:34, schrieb Andras Simon:
> "... and user-set values will be reset to the default" according to
> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/23.0/releasenotes/
>
> Thank you Mozilla Foundation, you have just made my netbook unusable.
>
> What do people suggest? The NoScript addon? A different browser? I
> don't believe I'm the only one who hates JS and only switches it on
> for websites that absolutely require it

noscript

what makes me much more angry is that the idiotic tab-bar is now always present
and "browser.tabs.autoHide;true" is ignored, this absolutely braindead for
web-applications opening dialogs which should have no bars at all

but more frustrating is the general attitude all over the software
wold to hide any options because the developers thinking all their
users are idiots and finally the next generation of users *will* be
idiots because they never had a chance to see and learn anything