"Enable JavaScript" preference checkbox has been removed in Firefox

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Aug 10 05:44:32 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 01:44:45 +0200,
   Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com> wrote:
>2013/8/10, আনন্দ কুমার সমাদ্দার <asamaddar at myopera.com>:
>
>> Yes, I'd just use noscript.  It gives you much finer grained control
>> than a simple manual on/off option any way.
>
>Last time I tried it, I concluded that manual on/off was much better
>for me. But that was years ago, noscript may have improved, and I
>don't seem to have a choice anyway...

You can use about:config to control this, although it's significantly
less convenient. You could switch to using seamonkey, which is similar,
but lets you control more stuff through preferences. I have heard mentions
of other extensions for turning javascript on and off easily.

Note also that they have also removed the ability to disable loading of
images. As far as I know you can't even do this with about:config.