"Enable JavaScript" preference checkbox has been removed in Firefox

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sat Aug 10 07:08:02 UTC 2013

On 10.08.2013, Ahmad Samir wrote:

> Personally, I am not with or against this change, but here's their
> rationale http://limi.net/checkboxes-that-kill

To me, the argumentation presented on this site seems somehow grounded,
but is *not* relevant. Javascript and showing pictures could simply be the
default, with the possibility to switch it off. Maybe with a simple
pop-up window which explains the drawbacks, if this seems neccessary.

In mye eyes, "We just broke the internet" translates into "one size
fits all ("640k ought to be enough for anybody...")",
silently accepting that malware now has significantly better chances
to damage your system.