Folder /run/http-palo deleted after reboot...

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Mon Aug 12 09:14:30 UTC 2013

Στις 12/8/2013 12:07, ο/η Reindl Harald έγραψε:

> Am 12.08.2013 10:57, schrieb Georgios Petasis:
>> I have added a new service which starts a second httpd instance in fedora 19. The pid of the process is stored in
>> /run/http-palo directory, and my problem is that this directory disappears after each reboot.
>>
>> How can I stop the system from deleting this folder in /run?
> /run is a tmpfs and lives in memory
>
> man tmpfiles.d
>
> [root at rh:/etc/tmpfiles.d]$ cat named.conf
> d /var/run/named 0755 named named -

Yes I know. But what creates the folders in there?

I have solved my problem by placing the pid file inside the httpd folder
(with a different name). But what creates this /run/httpd folder on reboot?

For sure, it is not the httpd server (it would have created the
/run/http-palo folder also).

George