Slow initialization of something during boot

Frank beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Aug 14 15:35:03 UTC 2013

On 08/14/2013 10:14 AM, poma wrote:
> On 14.08.2013 15:11, Frank wrote:
>>>
>>> First check whether it's a 'lightdm-gtk-greeter' issue,
>>>
>>> yum install lightdm-razorqt
>>> alternatives --config lightdm-greeter
>>> systemctl restart lightdm
>>

>>    No...it's some other problem. The delay is the same after
>> the QT greeter is installed.
>> If installing GDM didn't pull in megs and megs of gnome
>> stuff I'd try that. But it simply not worth it.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Frank
>>

> yum install lxdm
> systemctl enable lxdm --force
> systemctl restart lxdm.service

  Did this. See my other message. Sorry

> lspci -nnk | grep VGA -A2
> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

   I'll repeat the link

http://pastebin.com/2kumBw0H

There doesn't appear to be any problem with xorg.log.
I will add that there is now NO DELAY getting to lxdm, only a slight 2-3
sec delay getting to my desktop.
Something is fundamentally different between lightdm and lxdm.

Regards

Frank