Moving Thunderbird Mail from WindowsXP to Fedora18

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 12 18:16:43 UTC 2013

Am 12.08.2013 19:16, schrieb g:

> On 08/11/2013 06:01 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 12.08.2013 00:54, schrieb Jim:
>>> I have retreved the Thunderbird folder from a crashed WindowsXP and now have it on a Fedora 18 /home/user install.
>>> The Fedora install already has Thunderbird installed and New Emails are already in Thunderbird
>>
>> this is a major mistake because now you have two profiles with messages
>
> you may have missed in his post that he has a new profile and only wants
> his email from oos.

so copy only the mail-folder from teh profile
the problem is that he has *not* only a new profile
there are also mails in the new profile

>> maybe move all the new messages to a IMAP server and replace the
>> whoe linux-tb-profile with the windows ones is the best solution
>
> again, op has already setup his linux thunderbird

and?
how is this relevant?

one can have 10 different accounts, some IMAP and some POP3 at the same time

* move the messages from this profile to IMAP
* delete the profile
* replace if with the large one from windows
* pull down again the messages from IMAp or even leave them there