Slow initialization of something during boot

Frank beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Aug 14 18:49:10 UTC 2013

On 08/14/2013 02:15 PM, poma wrote:
> On 14.08.2013 17:35, Frank wrote:

>>> yum install lxdm
>>> systemctl enable lxdm --force
>>> systemctl restart lxdm.service
>>

>>   Did this. See my other message. Sorry
>>>
>>> lspci -nnk | grep VGA -A2
>>> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>>

>>    I'll repeat the link
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/2kumBw0H
>>
>> There doesn't appear to be any problem with xorg.log.
>> I will add that there is now NO DELAY getting to lxdm, only a slight 2-3
>> sec delay getting to my desktop.
>> Something is fundamentally different between lightdm and lxdm.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Frank
>>

> OK.
> If you're eager to continue with a 'lightdm' you can try the following:
>
> - before:
> rpm -qa lightdm\*
> lightdm-1.6.0-10.fc19.i686
> lightdm-gobject-1.6.0-10.fc19.i686
> lightdm-gtk-1.5.1-3.fc19.i686
>
> - download:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=455290
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/lightdm/1.7.9/2.fc20/i686/
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=444454
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/lightdm-gtk/1.6.0/1.fc19/i686/
>
> - install:
> rpm -Uvh lightdm-1.7.9-2.fc20.i686.rpm \
> lightdm-gobject-1.7.9-2.fc20.i686.rpm \
> lightdm-gtk-1.6.0-1.fc19.i686.rpm
>
> - after:
> rpm -qa lightdm\*
> lightdm-1.7.9-2.fc20.i686
> lightdm-gobject-1.7.9-2.fc20.i686
> lightdm-gtk-1.6.0-1.fc19.i686
>

> poma

[root at localhost frank]# rpm -qa lightdm\*
lightdm-1.7.9-2.fc20.i686
lightdm-gobject-1.7.9-2.fc20.i686
lightdm-gtk-1.6.0-1.fc19.i686
[root at localhost frank]#

No change at all - still a long delay. Either I will
just put up with it (I like the interface) or  I'll go back to
lxdm. If I am still curious in a day or two, I'll run bootchart.
Right now I am just frustrated.

Thanks Poma

Regards

Frank