Slow initialization of something during boot

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:19:26 UTC 2013

On 15.08.2013 01:53, Frank wrote:
> On 08/14/2013 07:02 PM, poma wrote:
>>
>>> To opt out of the equation an Xorg driver for Intel integrated graphics
>>> chipsets - man 4 intel, you can try the following:
>>>
>>> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
>>> linux …    nomodeset
>

>     Didn't work - put me into Vesa mode I guess but the delay remains
>

>> For further testing, you can also try the following:
>>
>> systemctl mask accounts-daemon.service
>

>    Ditto. Delay remains
>>
>> And of course, perform tests gradually s'il vous plaît, so can be seen
>> where the bunny is - 1st intel, 2nd accountsservice, …
>

>    You must be running out of ideas by now :)
>
> Regards
>
> Frank

:)

3rd:
- without "-background none" in
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
i.e.
xserver-command=X

- comment all directives in
/etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
i.e.
# background=…
# theme-name=…
# icon-theme-name=…
# font-name=…
etc.

4th:
- remove "rhgb quiet" and
- add "plymouth.enable=0" in
/boot/grub2/grub.cfg
i.e.
linux …	plymouth.enable=0

5th:
cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service /etc/systemd/system
- add 10s delay in
/etc/systemd/system/lightdm.service
i.e.
…
[Service]
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/sleep 10
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/lightdm
…

- enable it
i.e.
systemctl enable lightdm.service --force

If it works, and those 10s show as the only delay, you can try to lower
the value of it.

poma