use of suspend leads to random unwanted shutdown

Frédéric Bron frederic.bron at m4x.org
Thu Aug 15 15:28:26 UTC 2013

Since I use F19, I have toubles with suspend. I do not know if it is
really related to F19 because I do not use suspend very often when at
home but more often on holidays...
What happens:
If I use suspend some time and until I turn off the computer
completely (i.e. not by using suspend), when the computer is on, it is
susceptible to shutdown automatically at any time.

Attached is the content of /var/log/messages just before the crash.
I can see for example:
CPU3: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total
events = 1229)
Hardware event. This is not a software error.
mcelog[528]: MCE 0
mcelog[528]: CPU 3 THERMAL EVENT TSC 43df5e39a80

This seems to indicate that I have troubles with the temperature of my CPU.
However, this happens only after suspend, this is why I was wondering
if there is anything related to F19 and its kernel
(3.10.5-201.fc19.x86_64).

Frédéric