Undetected Fresco Logic FL1000G USB 3.0 controller in Asus N43SN after replace a motherboard

Marcin Zajączkowski mszpak at wp.pl
Fri Aug 16 21:59:47 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-16 02:48, poma wrote:
> On 15.08.2013 22:13, Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:

>>> $ modinfo -F author xhci-hcd.ko
>>> Sarah Sharp
>>>
>>> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-usb
>>
>> Thanks for a hint.
>
> It is resolved?

A pen drive in this port is not visible even in BIOS (precisely in
EasyFlash tool run from BIOS). The same pen drive in a USB 2.0 port
works fine. In my colleague's laptop (the same model) BIOS sees a pen
drive in a USB 3.0 port, so it looks like a problem with BIOS (upgrade
to the latest version didn't help) or with hardware (it worked fine in
the motherboard before a replacement). I reported an another service
issue to ASUS.

Marcin