Slow initialization of something during boot

Frank beacon at videotron.ca
Sat Aug 17 15:54:09 UTC 2013

On 08/14/2013 10:33 AM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM, আনন্দ কুমার সমাদ্দার
> <asamaddar at myopera.com> wrote:
>> Can you not use bootchart to visualise this and find the culprit?
>
> To expand upon this, just add the following to your kernel command
> line before booting:
>
> init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-bootchart
>
> Then, after you system has booted, check /run/log for a pretty SVG
> file that should indicate exactly where your system is getting stuck.
>
> For more info, see:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-bootchart.html
>
> -T.C.

   In my continuing attempts to track down slow loading of lightdm....I
tried bootchart from the kernel command line. The problem is it hard
locks-up lightdm when its loaded. Next boot I find nothing in /run/log.
I tried changing the output directory to $HOME...still nothing there.
Any bootchart experts here ??

Regards

Frank