HDA jack retasking

Raman Gupta rocketraman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 22:57:55 UTC 2013

I have Intel HDA Audio on my motherboard (Asus P9X79 PRO). This
chipset has the capability to retask jacks for another purpose, for
example changing a line out jack to a headphone jack.

Has anyone successfully retasked an audio jack (specifically, on my
motherboard, the blue Line Out jack) to a headphone?

I found a post on pulseaudio-discuss re. this hda-jack-retask program
which seems to imply it can be done, but it didn't seem to work (I
didn't try every available combination however):

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2011-December/012342.html

Regards,
Raman