Log output of bash script when part is run as different user

Mark Haney mark.haney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:04:38 UTC 2013

I've got a bash script that has two parts.

1. runs a script as a different user (using su <username> -c <script>)
2. when that part finishes, the script does a copy of the files created to
another directory

I want to log the output of the entire script into one file.  I.e.:

internal script>external script> logfile

What's the best way to do this?  I can clarify, I hope, I've edited this a
dozen times to get what I want in as clear a message as possible.

--
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant