Yumex problem

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 23 06:09:22 UTC 2013

hello jim,

"this tape will self destruct if yum quits"  ;=)

On 08/22/2013 05:23 PM, Jim wrote:
> fedora 18 / KDE
>
> I have problems starting Yumex, something about backend not running.
>
> Yum runs normal doing installs or updates

i am not up on yum or yumex other than to say that

    _yumex_ is the _front_end_ to _yum_ the _back_end_.

therefore, have you looked at

    /var/log/yum.log?

when yumex gives problems

 > 15:21:08 : ERROR - ERROR: Fatal Error : backend-not-running
 > 15:21:08 : ERROR - ERROR: Backend not running as expected

is telling you that _yum_ has stopped.

not much to offer, but something to do because you do not mention
if you have checked it. possibly something goes wrong when yum is
run thru extender.

hth until better help comes along. :=)

much luck.

--