gpg-agent

Martin S shieldfire at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 16:53:28 UTC 2013

Thanks for your examples.

What now confuses me no end, is that KMail and GPG "works" as is.
What I've basically done is installing everything, first setting it up on
Thunderbird/Enigmail, and then configuring the pieces for KMail to find my keys
and so on.

All how-to's I've read mentions setting up gpg-agent for KMail to ask for a
pass phrase, but it still does this without me completing this part. My
earlier attempts has also failed getting KMail to talk to gpg-agent or ask for
a passphrase - failing with an empty passphrase.

Does Enigmail do some black magic behind the scenes I'm not aware of for all
MUA to take advantage of?

/M.