Yumex problem

Jim binarynut at comcast.net
Fri Aug 23 20:32:37 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 02:07 PM, Frank wrote:
> On 23/08/13 12:47 PM, Jim wrote:
>> On 08/23/2013 02:09 AM, g wrote:
>>>
>>> hello jim,

>>> i am not up on yum or yumex other than to say that
>>>
>>>    _yumex_ is the _front_end_ to _yum_ the _back_end_.
>>>
>>> therefore, have you looked at
>>>
>>>    /var/log/yum.log?
>>>
>>> when yumex gives problems

>>> is telling you that _yum_ has stopped.
>>>
>>> not much to offer, but something to do because you do not mention
>>> if you have checked it. possibly something goes wrong when yum is
>>> run thru extender.
>>>
>>> hth until better help comes along. :=)
>>>
>>> much luck.
>>>

>> When running Yumex, and it Fails, nothing shows up in /var/log/yum.log.
>>
>> Nothing shows up about Yumex Failed in /var/log/messages.
>

>   Yumex runs yum  as a backend...so the yumex.conf file must have
>
> use_sudo=1 in it. Its located on my 19 system as $HOME/.config/yumex
>
> On my system sudo is configured to give root access without a
> password. YMMV.
>

> Regards
>
> Frank

I put the  use_sudo=1 in the first line of ~/.config/yumex and then I
ran yumex as user and got this Error message;

  [jim at localhost Desktop]$ yumex
16:05:16 : INFO - Using config file : /home/jim/.config/yumex/yumex.conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/yumex", line 42, in <module>
     app = YumexApplication(backend)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yumexgui/__init__.py", line
199, in __init__
     self.cfg = YumexOptions()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yumexbase/conf.py", line 73,
in __init__
     self.conf_settings = self.get_yumex_config()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yumexbase/conf.py", line 93,
in get_yumex_config
     parser.read(CONF_FILE)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/iniparse/compat.py", line 99,
in read
     self.data._readfp(fp)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/iniparse/ini.py", line 565, in
_readfp
     raise MissingSectionHeaderError(fname, linecount, line)
MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: /home/jim/.config/yumex/yumex.conf, line: 1
'\xef\xbb\xbf[yumex]\n'

But I found out that if I run Yumex as SU by using this command, "yumex
--root"  it will force it to run.